Monday, March 29, 2010

10.29.10

i'm off haikus for the time being. mama's got a new pair of shoes.

I felt

I felt the apocalyptic pull of your body
and the cavernous space within your heart
I heard the echo as I flung my love in.

I felt monstrous in my desire to consume you,
Tendons, blood, brains, heart,
To boil your parts in a witches' brew.

I felt the blood rush to my face when our eyes met.
Not once, not twice: every time.
I touched your hot skin and wanted you with every preposition:
(beneath, beside, on top of, within) me.

I felt starved for you, always hungry, always growling.
I craved to have you at every meal.
I would have sneaked bites of you in between.

I felt myself becoming someone else,
a blend of romance novel cliche and neurotic crazy
Hairs on my neck always standing at attention.

I felt half eaten and bruised.
Before you I was a juicy peach, yet to be bitten.
As our legs intertwined, I believed, so were our fates.

I felt like a physicist attempting to refold the fabric of time and space.
Finding the equation that would make a circle become a square,
Trying to make nothing become what it is not.

I fell(t) down;
I struggled to get back up.

1 comment:

  1. i love this poem. it resonates with me so deeply.. thank you.

    ReplyDelete