Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Here ye, here ye, I proclaim the newest form of "ku".

A few new developments. First, I've realized that now I'm looking for haiku structures in anything I read. They're around more than you would think. With the teeniest tweaking, there are some wonderful albeit unintentional hate/luv/sad/sexkus in literature. Example:

from de Berniere's "seƱor vivo and the coca lord
"

you are beautiful
Luisa, please do not cry
the future's unknown

I've also decided to do HOLYKUS, mainly because I spent:

12 years in the Church
never cracked the holy book
love those Catholics!

and also because it's too good to pass up.

The Bible is first. I'm going to start at the very beginning, and work my way through all the books. Talk about a commitment. But along the way, I'll take out all the things I don't like... (Everyone else has done it, why can't I?) Maybe I can submit my holykus to the Pope upon completion of this project? I'm sure he'd love them.

Genesis, Chapter 1

it's the beginning
and God creates heavens, earth
from formless wasteland

in the deep blackness
God says, it's dark in here, y'all
so let there be light!

and then he "made" life
metaphor: evolution!!
don't be literal

next, on to humans
God made them, forgot a rib
gave them food (NOM NOM)

and when God looked at
all that he had made, he said,
"...I guess it will do."

1 comment:

  1. you are so damn good
    please don't ever stop writing
    haikus make my day

    ReplyDelete